Terms & Conditions
SOMM Cancellation Policy
Should you need to cancel a course booking with SOMM, any payments made in full will be non-refundable. Any outstanding balance to be paid for the course will be due with immediate effect.
As an alternative to cancellation, you can request to transfer to another course. This can only be done when all of the following conditions are met: –
- There is a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the commencement date of the original course
- There is a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the commencement date of the alternative course
- There is availability on the alternative course
- £100 administration charge is paid
If the above conditions are met, you will be able to transfer your course. If these conditions are not met, then your place on the original course will be cancelled and any payments made in full will be non-refundable.
Non-attendance to a course, without having previously cancelled your place on the course, will result in any payments made in full, for that course, being non-refundable.
Although a rarity, SOMM does reserve the right to cancel courses with a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice prior to the commencement date of the course. In this scenario you will be offered either of the following two options: –
- Free transfer to another course of your choosing
- A full refund on monies paid towards the course
SOMM would recommend that travel is not booked until the 4 weeks’ notice period has passed.
In extreme events, which are beyond the control of SOMM (such as severe weather conditions or an act of terrorism), a course is cancelled, up to and including on the day of the course, either of the above two options will also be offered. The SOMM will accept no responsibility for the costs associated with travel or accommodation.
SOMM advises students to consider suitable cancellation insurance, which should cover them in the eventuality of having to cancel a course, to get reimbursement for the course, travel and accommodation costs they may have incurred.
Course Payment Terms & Conditions
All payments are subject to the following conditions: –
a) When booking your course via sommcourses.org, you will be required to pay online by way of credit or debit card.
b) Should you wish for your employer to be invoiced, when making your booking at sommcourses.org you will be taken to the payment section of the website. Payments via invoice will be accepted providing the below conditions are met: –
- There is a minimum of 10-weeks prior to the course commencement date at the time of booking.
- You complete all mandatory fields within the payment section at the time of booking, to enable us to raise the invoice.
- Payment is made upon receipt of invoice.
- Payment must be received 6-weeks prior to the course commencement date.
Please note, your place on the course will not be guaranteed until such time payment in full has been received.
Should the payment not be received 6-weeks prior to the course commencement date, we will have no alternative but to remove the student from the course participants list.
All payments received are none refundable, as per our Cancellation Policy.
c) If you wish to pay by instalments, please book your course at sommcourses.org, you will be taken to the payment section of our website.
Instalment payments will be accepted based on 3-monthly instalments, providing the following conditions are met: –
- Your first instalment is paid immediately, at the time of booking.
- You pay your first instalment is received on the date of booking, this will be done by way of paying into our bank account: The Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine, Account Number: 00027021, Sort Code: 40-52-40.
- At the time of booking, you choose a date that you will pay the two remaining instalments. There are three date options for this: 1st, 15th or 28th of each month.
- You ensure the remaining payments are received on the date you have chosen at the time of booking.
- The final payment is received no later than 6-weeks prior to the course commencement date.
Please note, we do not accept instalment payments bookings, less than 3-months prior to the course commencement date.
All payments are none refundable, as per our Cancellation Policy.